"Fantasy is a genre that uses magic and other supernatural forms as a primary element of plot, theme, and/or setting."
As Fantasy Artists United has become a larger Group, with more than 1500 members, we have decided that we need a change for what we hope is the best. We are currently promoting the best in Fantasy themed artwork and we would like to continue to do so perpetually. Thus, from now on we will only continue to accept quality artworks, meaning from intermediate to advanced level. We apologize for the inconvenience to our current members of basic level and amateurs, but we want you to improve your skills as we want to improve the Group.
Currently, the number of submissions has been reduced to one per week, and you must obtain two votes for your work to be accepted (this will change as our admins have more time to dedicate to the Group). From now on, join request will also undergo the voting progress; if your membership application has been rejected, this means that either your level of expertise is still not up to the standards, or that your gallery is not appropriate for the group (you don’t have any Fantasy works or there’s copyright infringement).
We would also like to remind you that submissions that have been previously rejected must not be re-submitted. There was a reason why it was rejected in the first place, therefore we are not going to reconsider unless major changes have been made to said work.
If your submission is rejected, please check the Submission Guidelines (WHY HAS MY SUBMISSION BEEN REJECTED?) to learn why this has been so. If after reading the guidelines you still don’t know why your work has been rejected, you may request an explanation and you will be informed by one of the moderators/contributors as soon as possible. Don't take it personally, please.
-Your work must be submitted to the appropriate gallery folder, meaning fantasy sub-category of either traditional art, photography, digital art, mixed media or photomanipulation.
-There's a new rule for the submission limit. You can submit now one deviation per week. The number of submissions per week might increase in the future, in which case we would let you know.
-If your work has been rejected once, do not resubmit it. Try with a different submission instead.
-We will always check for legitimate use of resources whenever the case (applies to photomanipulation, mixed media, etc.)
-We reserve the right to decline every work that doesn't fit with the group's focus, fantasy art.
-We have certain standards of quality in terms of execution and also originality. Submissions will be reviewed upon these guidelines.
SO, IN SHORT…
What we accept in this group
-The usual fantasy art, depicting fantasy creatures, fairies, elves, vampires, magic/sorcery/witchcraft, etc. is accepted. There just needs to be clear fantasy elements.
-Mythology is accepted, as long as it depicts a traditionally fantasy scene, character (gods, heroes, etc.) or creature.
-Horror-fantasy Dark-fantasy and futuristic-fantasy.
-Fan-art is also accepted, as long as it depicts a fantasy character (make sure to provide a background story in the Artist's Comments if there are no clear fantasy elements depicted)
WHY HAS MY SUBMISSION BEEN REJECTED?
- Because it is a Science-fictional work, Surreal or Conceptual. Because we feel it belongs to the Emotional or Dark category rather than the Fantasy one.
- Because it’s a Steampunk artwork.
- Because it is a sketch/work in progress.
-Because we generally do not accept works made for the sake of erotism (e.g. an elf completely nude depicted in a sexually arousing/erotic pose)
- This is just to clarify: Because your work didn't contain any clear traditional Fantasy elements, even if you had categorized it as Fantasy. (If you give a description under the Artist's Comments, such as a character or setting description, and it is clearly Fantasy your piece can be accepted.)
- Because there are elements that violate copyright, or you do not give proper credit to stocks/references/brushes/textures that have been used (please state if you purchased stock or used your own).
- Because the level of expertise displayed in your work does not meet up with our standards of quality.
- Because it is a re-submission of a work we have already rejected.
Works that have been submitted into the wrong Gallery Folder are also rejected, but we do let you know so you have time to withdraw and re-submit in the correct place.